Tuesday 15 April 2008

Third day in a row!

Yes, I'm meant to be working... but instead, here I am posting again on the THIRD CONSECUTIVE DAY! Wow. That never used to happen, even before I took my bloggy sabbatical.

I am here because today is a special day and I felt I couldn't let such an auspicious occasion go unmarked.

If you're on the other side of the pond from me, I know what you're thinking - Happy Tax Day, right??


Hooray! Tax!! Happy, happy day. Hope it's a jolly one for ya ;o)









..... although actually, there was something else. Another reason why I logged on. It is also my birthday today. (Thought I'd make it all small as I don't like to make a fuss. And I wouldn't want to tread on the toes of any hardcore celebrations over the tax thing. )


(Thanks, Lesley!)


I share a birthday with some groovy people, like Leonardo da Vinci, which is quite fun. But also some less-then-groovy people (depending on your point of view, I suppose), like Jeffrey Archer. Also, some pretty sucky stuff happened - like the sinking of the Titanic, f'rinstance. But nevertheless, I think it's a super day for a birthday.


(Thanks, NBM!)


Today I turn 25. Although technically - technically - I'm still a sprightly 24 until about half nine this evening. Stickler for the details, me. I read some very interesting things about the number 25 here. Sadly, I understood very few of the Maths ones... but I was glad to learn that 25 is the atomic number for manganese. That little piece of trivia will no doubt come in mighty handy one of these days.


(Thanks, Dad!)


Anyhoo, now I've learned all that stuff I never needed to know about the number 25, and suitably marked the tax day (woo! tax!), I'd better step away from the Internet and return to work.

Until next time, VCxx

18 comments:

Kitty said...

Hippo Birdie Two Ewes
Hippo Birdie Two Ewes
Hippo Birdie Deeeeeeer VC
Hippo Birdie Two Ewes!

Have a fantabulous birthday, and here's wishing you a year ahead of everything you'd wish for yourself.

Take care. xx

Locket Pocket said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I'm still prepared to like you even if you are only 25 and make me feel a gazillion years old at 36!

love that card from your dad!

Carol R said...

Happy birthday! I won't depress myself and state my age!!

One Fine Weasel said...

hello, i was just lurking over at Monkee Maker's blog and saw your blog name amongst the commenters... thought it was an excellent choice of blog name so i clicked on it and im glad i did as now i get to wish you a HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

make the most of being such an interesting age as when you get to my age (41) wiki says you have this to look forward to:

"41 (forty-one) is the natural number following 40 and preceding 42."

wa-hey.

have a great birthday!

Patti said...

Oh

Happy happy birthday you young wee whippersnapper you.

Have a lovely time

trash said...

You are one quiet chicken. Have I taught you nothing over the years? Shout about birthdays, that way you get loads more lurve, happy wishes and most especially cake!

Hope today has been lovely and fabulous and not too filled with anything connected to that dreaded 'D' word. Of course if Lesley had been any real type of friend that card would have contained her tocket for a certain theatre occasion tonight. I'm just saying is all......

trash said...

Actually, you should look closely. It may contain her 'tocket'. She is sneaky like that, if she gave you her 'tocket' then she could keep her TICKET for herself!!! Oooo, she has an ulterior motive for everythiing!

Monkee Maker said...

Happy Birthday!! And Happy Birthday Hour for later this evening!

But no no no no NO!! You CAN'T WORK on your birthday - it's actually illegal and if you don't watch out the birthday police will come round and arrest you!

.... actually, I'm probably much too late for that idle threat as you're probably out partying by now ... but just try and remember it for next year. Ok?

:)

Random Reflections said...

Happy birthday. Can we have some of your cake?

Mama said...

HAPPY B-Day!

Oh, to be 25 again! Enjoy every moment : )

Mrs Moog said...

Oh maaaaaaaaaaaaan!! I missed it! Happy Birthday VC!!! I hope you had a really fab day - even when you finally got to be 25!!

That Trashy must be mad if she thinks I could possibly give away my F&S ticket or even a tocket!!! They were b***dy fantastic - especially the finale where they dressed as the leery fat blokes - with their flies wide open and prosthetic dangly bits swinging about!!!!!!!

I wish you could have been there - with your own tocket, of course!!

Charlie P said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY + 1 DAY!
I hope you had a fabulous, caketastic, monkey-filled birthday :)

p.s. I muchly enjoyed NBM's guest post.
p.p.s forget all this not making a fuss about your birthday rubbish- it only makes the rest of us look bad when we plan to make a HUGE fuss about being 21...on the 26th of April. That's in 10 days. Did I mention I'm going to be 21 next week?

Linda said...

I hope you had a great birthday. x

Gina said...

Happy Happy birthday!!! You are still a baby being half my age and younger than my eldest son... boy does that make me feel old!!
Hope you had a fabulous day.
xx

Melissa J. Lee said...

Oh, my goodness, you really are a Spring Chicken! Happy Birthday! I hope it was grand.

(We will even overlook the first unseemly part of your post - before I read the second half, I was planning on muttering about vicious chickens. Fortunately, it's all behind us now...)

rachelmp said...

I hope you had a great birthday! I am usually a lurker, but I thought it was an occassion to be know! Enjoy being 25 VC x Rachel

Munkeh said...

Hope you had a SUPER birthday and received tons of fab gifts and cards, lots of chocolate, a scrumshus cake, went out for a nummers dinner and got to do only what you wanted to do all day long!!!

You mentioned sharing a birthday - I too share my birthday with a fun person (used to be anyway) Alf Wight author of the "All Creatures" books and a less than wonderful person Osama Bin Laden (crap!)

lauren bergold said...

OOF! a very belated and VERY VERY happy tax day to you, young woman...tho apparently...not QUITE as young as previously!

hope you had the BEST DAY EVER...tho i suspect that'll be at the end of the month when the deadline is met, eh?! (GOOD LUCK AND "musch respeck" ON THAT TOPIC, btw!)

(PS: it may have been the prospect of jeffrey archer's imminent(-ish) birth that actually SUNK the titanic and not the iceberg afterall. i know it'd work for me! luckily you came along later to redeem the day back to davinci status!)