Tuesday 13 May 2008

Birthday reprised

Now, it may have been a little while since my birthday, but I haven't yet had a chance to show you any of the great gifts I was given.

One of my friends gave me a book that I think may appeal to many of you:


I'm really looking forward to drawing inspiration from it - there's something so exciting about sock creatures!

My NBM, knowing my love for a certain raincoat-wearing detective, gave me these:


The lovely Monkee Maker gave me all these monkey goodies:


The picture doesn't do it justice, but I really love the brilliant monkee pouch / bag - and it has secret kitten lining!


And then just this morning, a parcel arrived from Lauren, containing this great card and tasty chocolate:


So, to anyone and everyone who gave me a gift or a card, or who left good birthday wishes here on my blog - THANK YOU! So far, being 25 has been just super :o)

10 comments:

Munkeh said...

Wow, such a haul - what fun! I trust the chocs are gone already or the monkeys will find them!

Mrs Moog said...

Fab goodies you have there VC! I love the monkee pouch - she's a clever MM!!

I hope being 25 carries on being just as good as it's been so far :)

xxx

Linda said...

The sock creatures looks great fun!

trash said...

you are very welcome and definitely worth it.

Kitty said...

Oooh, I have that sock creature book. Trouble is, it's packed up somewhere - as are all my patterns/books, so I can't make anything other than what's in my head. And that, as you might appreciate, is a scary place :-O

Glad to hear 25 is thus far good - long may it continue. Well, at least until 26, and then may 26 be as good as 25 was. If you see what I mean.

I'm rambling, aren't I? I'll stop now. *blush*

x

Mrs Moog said...

I've just given you an award - pop over to Moogs place to see what it's all about.........


xxx

Charlie P said...

Squeeeeee! COLUMBO! I remember the days when you couldn't turn on channel 5 without seeing him (which is why I had channel 5 on a lot...there were also loads of programmes about sharks and Hitler which are also interesting...but not a patch on columbo)
Great monkey goodies and generally fabtastic birthday haul you've got there. Excellent work, VC!

Anonymous said...

OOO! I have that book too, although all my old socks are too small (shrunk in the wash) to make anything with :(

Glad you are enjoying 25...I'm 31 soon. EEEK! xx

Locket Pocket said...

Ooh what lovely goodies - there is a positive side to getting older - each year you get more prezzies!

Monkee Maker said...

Hi VC,

I'm so glad you like the pouch ... sorry the gifts I gave you were all so .... monkey related - I don't seem to have much imagination I'm afraid.

Loving that book - you're lucky to still have it .... had I been wearing a coat when we met up I'd have whipped it under there for sure!

And just one more thing, m'am .... a great Columbo haul from your NBM.

:)

ps. Looking forward to seeing what you've created with that gorgeous material stash.