Tuesday 5 February 2008

60-second post

Can't stop long - on my way out for pancakes. And we can't be late because we're taking the batter (and because the NBM has a 'thing' about perfect punctuality... shame she's saddled with me really, as I'm not always strictly to time, despite my best intentions...)

Anyhoo, I digress. I'm really here to present a stop-gap post, with another gratuitous picture of Waldorf (sorry, Lucy - you'll get him soon, I promise!)

Here he is enjoying the dregs of his last mug of tea before I parcel him up to go to Lucy Locket. He's a little anxious about the prospect of several days in a jiffy bag without another cuppa, so Lucy, if you could get the kettle on now, that might be wise - you'll be all prepared for when he shows up, gasping for a brew.

Right, must go and take that batter to the waiting troops... Enjoy your pancakes, anyone who's having them!

7 comments:

Monkee Maker said...

Yup, had a pancake with ice cream, sugar and maple syrup, and very lovely it was too, thanks for asking.

(.... I'll bet the NBM made up her own batter though, didn't she? That rather nice shop Aldi provided mine .... in a bottle that I (RGH) just had to add milk to, shake vigorously and then (he) cooked. Very lazy I know (he is) and probably full of additives and yucky stuff. And then there's the plastic bottle to consider .... oh WHY didn't the NBM make our batter too???!!!)

:(

ps. apologies for possibly the longest bracketed comment in the blogosphere .....

Locket Pocket said...

Does Waldorf have any particular tea brand of preference? Just so I'm ready...............

And I really have to ask, coz I've tried to find out but can't, what does NBM stand for? In other words, who is NBM? - just being nebby!

Lucy x

Kitty said...

Tsk ... where on earth did Waldorf learn to do that? Have you been setting him a bad example? ;-p Bet you get lots of tea (and sundry other 'bits') stuck in your beard :-D x

Mrs Moog said...

At least he's not slurping it out of a saucer! Mind you - he soon will be once he's living with Lucy Locket ;)

Hope your pancakes were as scrumptious as ours!

Charlie P said...

Happy pancake day!...for yesterday.
I love waldorf :)

lauren bergold said...

no pancakes for us...what with bein' american and all...but i DID enjoy a waffle with ice cream on it yesterday. does that count??! :) (definitely not as good as ANYTHING made by NBM tho...of *that* i am certain...!)

Unknown said...

Oh I am sooooo jealous of Lucy and her recycled pocket (that's probably perfect for a Waldorf sized monkey to sit in whilst sipping his tea).

I had some lovely pancakes. I made them myself, unlike that lazy monkeemaker who appeared to go toAldi for hers...too busy making scary muffins, methinks ;)