Sunday 17 February 2008

Various valentines

As part of Lucy Locket's Valentine Swap, the lovely Trashalou sent me a fabulous parcel, which arrived yesterday and contained all these great things:

There were delicious chocolates and homemade biscuits, some very pretty (and very soft) green wool, and two beautiful handmade items - a knitted flower brooch, and also a little cushion which had a knitted heart on the front, and the best little embellishment on the back:


AND, as the eagle-eyed amongst you may already have spotted - THERE WAS A OLD-SCHOOL PG TIPS CHIMP IN THE PARCEL TOO! HURRAH!! He made himself right at home hugging the NBM's tea mug:


I think he's going to fit in well around here :o) And just in case you were wondering, he opted for NBM's tea mug becasue he couldn't reach around my king-sized one. What can I say? It was first thing in the morning and I needed the caffeine...

So: thank you, thank you, thank you, Trashalou - it has been a pleasure to swap with you, in my very first swap. And thanks also to Lucy for organising it all :o)

And just quickly before I go, I've got a couple of other little Valentine bits to show you (a bit late I know - oops). Firstly, the flowers that my gorgeous girl brought home for me:


And secondly, something silly that I got for her:


Champagne marmite - possibly the most bizarre novelty gimmick ever. But the perfect gift for my marmite-loving girlie, who liked it a lot.

Right, that's all I have for today... except to leave you with another gratuitous flower shot.


Enjoy the start to the new week, all.
VCxx

7 comments:

Monkee Maker said...

What great Valentines goodies you received, VC. I'm loving that flower brooch.

And the flowers that the NBM got you are lovely too .... not so sure about your gift to her - I'm one of them that hates it .... mind you .... if it's champagne flavoured .....

;)

Kitty said...

Cooo, that Trashy 'gives good parcel' doesn't she? :-D I loved the flower brooch and cushion ... and that little heart shaped button is absolutely gorgeous.

Nice photos - ta for sharing. x

Locket Pocket said...

Yay! You got some great Valentine's goodies there - can you taste the champagne in the marmite? Or does the overall marmiteyness of it kill of any alcoholic tastes?
Lucy x

Melissa J. Lee said...

Oh, what a great swap - love that monkey!

So, anyway... I was tagged by jewelry designer Lorelei Eurto, and I'm passing the tag on to you. If you would like to participate (and I thought you might have been tagged before, but I wasn't _sure_), here are the rules:

1. Link to your tagger and post these rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
3. Tag 7 people* at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
4. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

If you'd rather not participate (or if you've already done it and don't want to do it again), just let me know - I'll pick someone else.

Mrs Moog said...

Oh so much loveliness there VC!!! I'm meeting Trashalou tomorrow - for real - in person!!!! I've even spoken to her!!!
Fab parcel she sent you and what a lovely monkey!
Champagne flavoured marmite? Cool!
My horrendous sis-in-law reckons marmite is 'ood of the devil' but then she says the same of olives and celery. I really love eating marmite and celery sandwiches with a bowl of olives in front of her just to pee her off!!!!!!
xx

lauren bergold said...

ooooooooooh FABBY valentine's goodies! i have to head over to chez trash and see yours now, which i assume are equally cool! (except mebbe in terms of oldskool chimpiosity?!)

(a belated) happy valentine's day to you and the NB/BM...with many more to come!!! :)

xolb

lauren bergold said...

ps: (and no offense meant) there is not enough champagne IN THE WORLD to disguise the taste of marmite effectively enough for me to eat it! (but that jar...?! absolutely the cutest thing ever!)