Monday 28 January 2008

More of *that* beard; and an announcement

Firstly, I must just thank everyone who responded so seriously to my plea for an axe knitting pattern..... but, guys: I was joking! I'm not going to knit an axe. I mean, honestly, what kind of crazy person do you take me for? (Please don’t answer that...)

Next, to those of you who implied that a knitted beard was in any way peculiar... well, I think you need to look at this:


Distinguished

It suits him, doesn’t it? Go on, admit it: it does! Thus, I feel that the creation of the beard was time (and yarn) well spent, because Shifter can wear it once my Viking party has taken place and I no longer need it.

Speaking of which, the party’s on Wednesday, and my costume is still a little on the minimalist side... in that I haven’t quite got round to doing anything other than the beard yet. But I expect it’ll all be fine: surely once the key piece has been completed, the rest just falls into place, right? No? Oh...


Crashing swiftly on, then: I have an announcement to make! If my rudimentary maths skills serve me right (doubtful, I know, but let’s wing it), I make this my 99th post. And that would mean that my next post will be... (does quick sum in head) my 100th! Hurrah!

Anyway, that being the case, it’s just possible that I may have knitted a little something for a 100th post giveaway......







..... but you’ll have to come back tomorrow to find out, because I couldn’t possibly spill the beans today :o)

11 comments:

Locket Pocket said...

OH WOWWWWWW!!!!! Another SMASHIE!!!!! I LOVE HIM!!! You HAVE to let ME WIN! Can this count as first come first served especially as it's only your 99th and not your 100th post yet?

The beard is fabby and couldn't you just go as a naked Viking with some liberally applied blue paint??????


Lucy xx

Kitty said...

Hahahahahaha ... that monkey looks splendid in the beard. I'm still sniggering every time I think of your having knitted a beard - it's such a brilliant creation. Could you perhaps knit yourself a helmet, complete with 'horns'?

I'm liking Lucy's 'naked' viking idea - though you'd better knit yourself the other appendage you might need (to complement the beard ... you could use the same yarn for that authentic 'natural brunette' look) ;-) x

Munkeh said...

Just a quick "pre-bean" spilling day post. The beard is cool and the Munkeh looks grand in it. You will probably have to make something else for your party costume. I don't imagine Munkeh will give it up easily.

Congrats on your 100th!!!

Melissa J. Lee said...

What do you mean you were joking? Tsk. Here I was getting all excited. Wednesday, you say? Good luck with the rest of the costume - I expect it will be completely hand-knit by then, no problems. (Bwahahaha.)

Mrs Moog said...

I can't wait for tomorrow - just let me have Smashie now and no-one need ever know ;)
Monkee in beard - v good look. Maybe you could wear your beard and wrap yourself in a couple of maps - just make out you're a lost viking!!!! No? Oh well.....

I'll be back.....

Lesley xx

Monkee Maker said...

Oh heck. See, the grown-up, magnanimous, kind, thoughtful, sharing person within me knows that it just wouldn't be fair to enter your giveaway, as I'm already the lucky owner of one of your fabulous monkey creations ....

.... but sod that - I'll be back tomorrow to throw my name in the hat!

;)

ps. Loving Mr Shifter avec facial hair

lauren bergold said...

a smashie as a prize??! just tell me what we have to do and I AM THERE! juggle flaming batons?! swim the english channel?? watch an entire episode of "american idol"??! GULP. (yes, i would even do THAT!)

of course i realize that a truly GOOD person, one who has already been lucky enough to receive a pg tips monkeh, would disqualify herself from the procedings, but i want you to know:

I AM NOT THAT PERSON!!! :)

(yes, i'm greedy, but at least i am honest. that's gotta count for SOMETHING, right?!)

trash said...

Perhaps there is a germ of an idea in all this lunacy?

Rather than being a lost viking covered in strategically placed maps, you could cover yourself in tinfoil, slap the beard around your chops, shape a pair of horns out of rolled up face flannels and staple them to a previously created hat made of knit and bingo! You could be future Viking time traveller!!!

Unknown said...

what a splendid beard! I think you should wear it on a daily basis.

And what is this I spy....a forthcoming giveaway? ooooooooohhhhhhh!!!!!!

Munkeh said...

Smashie! Smashie!, Smashie!

Its the next day now but I don't see any word on 100th blog.
Congrats!!

tintocktap said...

Knitted beards - the latest in monkee style! But you haven't knitted Smashie one yet! Never mind, I'll be back tomorrow to see if I can acquire my very own Smashie and then I can knit him a beard myself if I want to.