Wednesday 9 January 2008

Necklaces

A little while ago, I sent my blogging buddy Melissa a teeny tiny PG Tips monkey. Recently, I recieved a fab package from her in return, which contained this gift box (note the wrapping paper - it's an orignal piece of artwork that was designed and created by her little boy):


How lovely is that? Inside was something that's also very lovely - this cute monkey necklace:


Melissa, you're very kind (and talented) to have made this for me - I'm sure I don't deserve it, since all I did was send you something I got for free at the Supermarket! But thank you very much, anyway :o)

In other necklace news: to those kind commenters who helped me out with my Secret Santa dithering, I was pleased to see that my giftee wore her necklace today. It doesn't neccessarily mean she likes it, but I'm taking it as a good sign that she doesn't actively loathe it. Which is a good starting point, I feel.


And finally, I leave you tonight with the song that's been stuck in my head all week. I did a search for it on that famous video-sharing site, and the one below is the first that came up. So now I have the image of that man stuck in my head too. And he scares me slightly...

8 comments:

Kitty said...

That man surely needs to be properly measured? Rigby and Peller could find him a much better fitting bra - that one makes him look like he has two balloons up his paisley.

I love that necklace you made for the Secret Santa - tis beautiful. x

Mrs Moog said...

Oh my gaud it surely is Tony Blair in a wig with false bosoms!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At least we know what he's doing these days ;)

Soooo glad you were pleased with your award. Thought you might like it :)
Lesley xxxx

Melissa J. Lee said...

Hee, hee, what a, um, memorable video! I think having to drink all of those cups of tea that you had to buy to obtain the "free" monkey warrants a little something, don't you? Seriously, thank you for taking the time out to ensure monkey world domination - my toddler loves it (he likes taking the monkey's shirt off, I'm not sure why).

Monkee Maker said...

Before I comment I simply must point out that the word verification is possibly the MOST apt that has EVER BEEN in the entire history of word verification :

pgfiit. How cool is that??

PGfiit

Massively cool. Although I guess pgtips would have been better. I'll try harder next time.

Anyway ..... what a fabulous gift from Melissa! And such cool wrapping paper too, how lovely that the whole family got involved in the gift (maybe Mr Lee tied the bow ....)

And surely you're too young to know that song, VC? I am and I'm MUCH older than you :(

Munkeh said...

have you seen the commercial for the "simpsons" where dad is singing "Spider Pig" and walking the pig across the ceiling? well, thanks a lot Simpsons, I have that song stuck in my head....

spiderpig, spiderpig
spiderpig does whatever spiderpig does. . .
awwwwwwwwww! ! ! ! ! !

Locket Pocket said...

As you may, or may not be aware, I have a computer without sound. Sometimes this is a blessing. Sometimes not.

Today I can only assume it is a blessing after watching that video. Like all the great Silent Movies actions seem to speak much louder than words in this one. But I can only imagine how much worse the memory would be if it came with music!!!

Lucy x

trash said...

Am loving his dress sense although a little cross that someone has stolen my fancy dress fall back of Nana Mouskouri!

lauren bergold said...

OOF! that is one *unattractive* woman! ...she's got a lovely voice though... :) (how on earth did you get THAT song stuck in your head, anyway?!)

but that MONKEH NECKLACE!!!!! holy macaroni is that ever *cool*!!! (and the giftwrap is awesome, too!) that melissa is JUST TOO COOL!