Saturday 15 September 2007

Bad news...

... it looks as though I now have even more competition for my fave seat by the window:

Topping up the tan


But it's not all bad news! As the eagle-eyed amongst you may have noticed, that there monkey is now sporting some very stylish accessories: the very latest fashion in "arms and ears"!

Vogue


He doesn't seem to be at all backward in coming forward, as he had no problems with me taking many, many pictures of him. So I did. And I'd like to share with you some highlights of what he's been up to since becoming complete.

First he had a chat with Austin about how great it is to have arms and ears (finally). But since Austin doesn't have either himself, he couldn't really see what all the fuss was about, so that didn't last long.

Debating


Next, the monkey sat on the sofa for a bit, but soon he decided he wanted to make himself a coffee, and headed into the kitchen.

Kettle spotted at one o'clock


Now, as it turns out, monkeys have quite a low tolerance of caffeine (or at least, this one does). So this is him hanging from the ceiling ten minutes later:

"CAN I HAVE ANOTHER CUP PLEASE???"


And this is him 'playing' with The Eyeless One after I'd coaxed him down with the promise of more coffee:

"Can't ... quite ... breathe ..."


And this is him sulking when I told him that I'd been lying through my teeth, and that he was never drinking coffee again:

"Hmph!"

He's now refusing to talk to me. Or look at me.

The cold shoulder

So, all in all, it was a very successful first few hours, with lots of excitement for everyone. But I think I need a little lie down now.



4 comments:

Monkee Maker said...

Hurrah for arms and ears!! Hope you'll have as much fun with your monkey made of knit as I've had with mine. Looks like you might!

ps. I'm just BEGINNING to see why people may consider me slightly barking :)

Anonymous said...

The Eyeless One was only pretending to be helpless, lulling him into false sense of security. He will bide his time and then woe betide that first and eared monkey - no matter how big his arms!

Sarebear said...

oh my . . . just discovered you, and that monkey's got poi-son-AL-ity!

You sure brought a smile to my day!

lauren bergold said...

OMG--pleeeeeeeease stop! i can no longer breathe from laughing so hard! ok, and *NOW* i want to knit little blue monkeys, too! like the hats weren't bad enough?! sheesh, i'm gonna need that coffee, i've got so much i want to do now!

(technically speaking: can a wooly monkey actually *give* one the COLD shoulder?! ...sorry, i'm being picky...)